Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Chicken on the run!


Best chicken in town is how the locals rate it. So keen to try KHU VENG FRIED CHICKEN, I raced down on my bycicle licking my lips. As I pulled to a hault in front of the store I noticed the shutters were drawn and the empty space where the chicken lady sells to the masses. I WAS GUTTED!


I stood in bewilderment, motorbike after motorbike pulled to the curb 2,3 sometimes 4 people with similar displays of disappointment.

I'll try again tomorrow!

From 5pm til sold out (most nights) the chicken lady has a line up past the two giant woks bubbling away and onto the street.

For 6000 kip ( 80c AUS) you get a piece of crispy southern style chicken and a handful of house cut chips. Bagged chilli and tomato sauce is your choice.

Dine in or take away.

Located on Thanon Khu Vieng (look for the line up of people, you can't miss her).

No comments:

Post a Comment